Check-In Procedures and Guidelines
• Retreatants will only be allowed to enter and exit through the main entrance.
• Retreatants are asked to respect the noted check in time so that a staff member can safely check you in. Early arrivals are discouraged.
• Retreatants are required to wear masks and maintain social distancing upon arrival. Name tags will contain sanitized keys to each room and each retreatant is asked to pick up their name tag and schedule so as to minimize surfaces touched.
• There are markers on the carpet to signal 6 feet of distance in case of waiting to check in.
• For overnight groups, guests will not be allowed to switch rooms unless approved by King’s House Retreat Center staff.
• Retreatants will choose a chair of their choice in the conference room, dining room and chapel and keep that chair as their assigned seating place for the duration of the program.
• Markers will be placed in the building to indicate a 6-foot distance between persons attempting to check in for the retreat. Please enter through the main front entrance.
• Retreatants will be required to keep their mask on when in the common areas of the house including hallways and Rocking Chair Row. No need to wear masks (if there is over 6 feet of distance,) if outdoors with distancing, or in the bedroom.
• Social distance will always be observed. Friends can meet one another while wearing a mask and finding some of the beautiful spaces outdoors to help minimize all risks.
• Chairs have been marked with colorful ribbons to mark social distancing in the conference room and chapel. Do not sit on the marked chairs to guarantee safe space for everyone.
• Retreatants are encouraged to bring their own writing utensils and art supplies. We will continue to supply a limited quantity.
• While our public restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized twice daily, we encourage retreatants to use the restroom in their bedroom when you can to avoid gatherings in the restroom.
• Social distancing and Masks are required while attending prayer services and Mass.
• Please do not sit on marked chairs for distancing.
• We will have a musician and cantor for all Masses. The congregation is asked not to sing and to wear a mask.
• Guidelines for receiving communion will be explained before Mass.
• Hymnals will not be available, but retreatants may bring their own liturgical book or aid. Daily readings can be found on the USCCB website using your own device in chapel.
• All chapel services will follow the guidelines provided by the Diocese of Belleville.
• There can be no more than two persons in the elevator at any time and both must wear masks. • Elevator will be sanitized twice daily by housekeeping staff.
• There can be no more than three persons in the gift shop at any time and all must wear masks.
Bedroom Accommodation Guidelines
• No retreatant may share a bedroom unless they currently live in the same household.
• All bed linens are laundered after any guest has used them. Room will be cleaned and sanitized and locked after being used.
• Retreatants will be allowed to remain in their bedrooms until they finish their retreat whenever the room does not need to be turned over that same day (applies to High School retreats)
• As much as practicable, overnight guests are asked to use the bathrooms in their bedroom so as to minimize traffic in the public restrooms.
• Retreatants will wear masks entering the dining room and will be seated at the tables before the meal service begins. Tables will be called by number to come up to the food service line.
• Meals will be plated and served by King’s House staff. Special needs diets will be accommodated.
•Real plates and silverware will be used. Our dishwasher sanitizes all items and staff follows proper food handling procedures.
• Condiments including salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, mayo will be served in single-use packets to reduce waste.
• Staff will wear gloves and face masks and will provide contactless transfer by setting items on serving table.
• All surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized after each meal
Personal Practices and Directives effective immediately, we will be requiring the following:
• If you are sick, please stay at home.
• While in the building, it will always be necessary for you to wear a mask (except in your private bedroom).
• What King’s House staff will be doing (in addition to the individual guidelines above):
* Keeping track of our own health, staying home when sick.
* Wearing masks in common areas
* Maintaining social distancing (6 feet) and not congregating in groups
* Washing hands often throughout the day and using hand sanitizer
* Daily cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms, doorknobs to rooms, elevator buttons
* Multiple times during the day disinfecting the main entrance door, and all commonly used areas.
* Greeting you with a smile. ( Which you may not see because of the mask )